Monday, August 6, 2007

Vegetable soup


I found several soup recipes on blogs today while looking at Menu Plan Monday, but I didn't have all the ingredients for either of them, so I improvised and came up with this. OH it was so good, I had two bowls. It was so good I had to sit down and write it out. ENJOY!

Vegetable Soup
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stocks, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 gloves minced garlic
1 (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
7-8 C beef broth
1 C frozen corn
1 can green beans
2 TBS. soy sauce
2 TBS. Worchester sauce
Shot or two of hot sauce
1 C uncooked orzo pasta (this is just what I had leftover, probably could use any kind)

Sauté top 4 ingredients in 2 TBS. butter until tender. Add sautéed veggies to the remaining ingredients in a pot and simmer for an hour. Then add 1 C uncooked orzo pasta.
* You could also add a lb. of hamburger; I just did not have any on hand

No comments: