Saturday, August 25, 2007

Tuna Casserole

So I took bits from several recipes I got, my SIL, Amy and Nic's and I am so liking this. Here is what I did.

8-10 oz macaroni, cooked per instructions
2/3 C chopped onions
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cans Cream of Mush.
1 C milk
4 oz, cream cheese
2 C grated cheese
3 cans tuna (cause D likes it a lot)
2 C frozen peas
Bread Crumbs
garlic salt
onion powder
pepper
salt
Tony's

I sauteed the onions and garlic till soft. While doing this cook macaroni. I then added Cream of Mush., milk and cream cheese till melted then added 1 1/2- 2 C cheese till this melted. Then spices, onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, Tony's and salt to taste. Then added the peas, tuna and macaroni. When all mixed I moved to a 9 x 13 pan. I then added a layer of bread crumbs to the dish, sprayed oil (like Pam) over top. I then spread a good handful or two of grated cheese (not to much) over this, then another layer of bread crumbs on top, THEN another spray of PAM oil.*

*this made such a yummy crisp crust. I think that was the best part of it.

No comments: