Monday, June 25, 2007

Ranch Chicken n' Rice

Wow this was so yummy, even the kids liked it. I did add another piece of chicken. It just didn't seem like alot and i took Joanna's advice and added another ranch packet. Not sure if you really need the butter added, but I did it. So if anyone tries it without it let me know how it turned out.
This is a keeper.

Ranch Chicken 'N' Rice

4 cups uncooked instant rice
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups water
2 envelopes of ranch salad dressing mix (My husband didn't taste enough ranch so I added another pack of ranch total of 3 and an extra couple of tablespoons of water - very tasty)
2-3 thawed chicken breast cut into chunks or strips
1/2 cup butter melted
Place rice in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish. In bowl, combine the milk, water and salad dressing mix; set aside 1/2 cup. Pour remaining mixture over rice. Top with chicken chunks. Drizzle with butter and reserved milk mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken juices run clear.


I got this from Joanna M's blog.

No comments: